Instructions for how to make candy sushi with Rice Krispie treats, fruit roll ups, gummy worms, swedish fish, licorice strings and gummy sharks.
Candy sushi is incredibly simple to do. Essentially, it is nothing more than dressed up rice krispie treats. I used the recipe for Rice Krispie treats right from the Kellogg’s website, although I added 50% more marshmallows to make sure they were gooey enough to mold into the california rolls and nigiri sushi.
For the candy, I went to the bulk store to buy swedish fish, gummy sharks, licorice string, gummy worms. I bought Fruit Roll-ups at the grocery store. There are lots of different types of candy that can work.
Candy sushi is a lot of fun to make and are bright and colourful. The kids loved making them as much as they did eating them. This is great for a child’s birthday party or other fun event.
Use cooking spray to grease a cookie sheet and press the Rice Krispie treats evenly across the cookie sheet. I tried to get a large variety of gummy candy to give a big mixture of different types of sushi.
Lay the Fruit Roll-up on the Rice Krispie sheet and cut it out to size. Lay the licorice or gummy worms on the edge and roll up the california roll and cut it into 4 equal size sushi rolls.
The kids loved making the nigiri sushi as they were so quick and easy!
Other candy recipes
- 4 tbsp butter or margarine
- 6 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups rice krispies
- fruit roll ups
- swedish fish
- gummy worms
- licorice strings
- other gummy candy
- Spray a 12x17 cookie sheet with Pam or other cooking spray.
- Place the butter/margarine and marshmallows in a large microwaveable bowl. Cook in the microwave for 2 minutes. Stir them and cook them for another minute.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir the rice krispies until evenly coated.
- Press the rice krispie treats evenly on the greased cookie sheet.