This heat wave has me looking for relief. What relief could be better than these strawberries and cream popsicles? Crazy simple to make, using fresh strawberries and real cream, these popsicles will not only cool you down, but they taste incredible. These taste like frozen strawberry mousse and they also end with a crumbly surprise made from vanilla wafers and melted butter.
I am always on the lookout for a new popsicle flavour. Here are some other ones I have made over the years:
- Mango Lassi Popsicle – I love the mango lassi drink and this popsicle matches it perfectly!
- Iced Coffee Popsicle – have some coffee in the pot? Don’t dump it out! Use it in these popsicles.
- Blueberry Pomegranate Popsicle – the deep colour matches the rich flavour of blueberries and pomegranate!
- Korean Melon Popsicle – Korean melons can be hard to find, but they work great in a popsicle.
- Strawberry Paletas – this is all pure strawberry flavour.
- Cucumber Jalapeno Popsicle – this is a very unique recipe. It has a refreshing sweet heat!
Strawberries and Cream Popsicles
- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries , hulled
- 1 1/4 cups 10% cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup vanilla wafer cookies
- 2 tbsp butter , melted
- Add strawberries, cream, sugar and vanilla to a blender and blend for about 3 minutes. The mixture should be smooth and creamy, almost ‘mousse-like’ in texture.
- Pour into popsicle molds.
- Pulse the vanilla wafers in a food processor until they are a fine crumb.
- Mix the vanilla wafer crumbs with the melted butter so that it is like wet sand.
- Evenly scoop some of the vanilla crumb mixture into each popsicle mold on top of the strawberries and cream. Gently press the crumbs down.
- Place the popsicle mold in the freezer for about 3 hours or until solid.