I love meat! There are times I can’t believe that I was a vegetarian in University. Not now! With the coming of spring weather I wanted to fire up the grill and I was in a Thai mood – this is what we had.
- 1 pound beef roast , sirloin, round, etc
- Bunch of skewers
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 vinegar
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp hot chili oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup peanut butter
- Thinly slice the beef and put one slice on each skewer weaving them on (see the picture). Place them in a dish with enough of a lip on the side so the marinade does not drip out.
- Make the marinade by mixing together the 1/2 cup soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and hot chili oil Pour the marinade over the meat. Marinate for 1-2 hours moving the meat around to make sure that the marinade covers it all.
- To make the peanut sauce add the 2 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp vinegar, apple juice and peanut butter in a saucepan and heat at medium heat. Whisk unit warm and smooth. Set aside until the beef is ready.
- Fire up the BBQ or indoor grill. Place the beef on the grill and cook for about 2 minutes per side for medium rare. Serve with the peanut sauce. Yum!