Christmas chocolate bark is always a huge hit when I put together a tray of baked goods. People always love these little sweet treats! There are so many options for different ‘mix-in’ ingredients with the melted chocolate. The possibilities are endless!
Here are some of my recipes for chocolate candy bark!
Sometimes though, I want to make something a little neater and uniform in shape than a chocolate bark. So, I have used small little candy cup liners and filled them with chocolate or candy melts. These work perfect.
I have already posted a couple of recipes for these little chocolate candy cups. You can check out those recipes here:
I like to have at least two different chocolate candy treats on my Christmas baking tray every year. So, for this year, I made these Candy Cane White Chocolate Candy Cups.
Wow, are they a winner!!
The bottom layer of these candy cups is white chocolate that is mixed with some crumbled shortbread cookies. The top layer is red candy melts that have been mixed with crushed candy canes. Then, the candy cups are topped with a little bit more candy cane.
Sweet and minty, these candy cups are so good!
To melt the white chocolate candy melts, place a glass bowl on a pot that is half filled with water. Turn the heat to medium high. Once the water starts to boil, you can lower the heat to medium low.
The heat from the simmering water will cause the white chocolate to melt. Continue to stir until smooth and all melted. Stir in the crumbled shortbread.
Spoon some of the melted mixture into each candy cup liner. Fill about halfway.
Melt the red candy melts the same way. Mix in 1/2 cup of the crushed candy canes.
Regarding the candy melts, I usually purchase the Wilton brand or buy the kind that is found at Bulk Barn. Whatever you choose, find the kind that is made for melting and for candy molds.
Spoon the red candy melts on top of the white chocolate layer. Make sure that the white chocolate has cooled and hardened completely before spoon on the top layer.
Once you have filled all the candy cups with the red melts, sprinkle with the remaining crushed candy canes.
These taste so good and I love how festive they look!
Candy Cane White Chocolate Candy Cups
- 2 1/2 cup white chocolate candy melts
- 1/2 cup crumbled shortbread cookie crumbs
- 3 cups red candy melts
- 3/4 cup crushed candy canes
- Put the white chocolate candy melts in a glass bowl. Rest the bowl on top of a pot half filled with water. The glass bowl must be large enough that it rests on top of the pot and is not touching the water at all. Bring the water to a low boil. Stir the candy melts until melted and smooth.
- Stir in the shortbread cookie crumbs and spoon into the candy cup liners so that they are about half filled.
- Melt the red candy melts in a glass bowl using the same method as the white chocolate melts. When the red candy melts are melted and smooth, stir in 1/2 cup of the crushed candy canes.
- Spoon the red candy melt into the cup liners filling them to the top. Sprinkle with the remaining crushed candy canes.
- They will harden as they cool.